China International Medicinal Equipment Fair (CMEF), founded in 1979, is held twice a year - spring and autumn. After 30 years of continuous innovation and self-improvement, CMEF has become the largest exhibition of medical equipment, related products and services in the Asia-Pacific region. The exhibition widely covers ten thousands of products such as medical imaging, in vitro diagnosis, electronics, optics, first aid, rehabilitation nursing, medical information technology and outsourcing services, and it provides services to the entire medical industry chain from the source to the end of the medical equipment industry in a direct and all-round way.
Chinese Medical Market:
• World’s 2nd largest market for medical equipment
• Import value of medical equipment: USD 12.472 billion
• Healthcare spending in 2012: USD458.2 billion
• Number of hospitals by the end of 2012: 23,170
• Number of medical device manufacturers: Over 15,000
• Average 20% annual growth rate since 2009 and will be maintained in the next 3 years
• Total trade value for medical devices reached USD 30 billion by the end of 2012, 13% increase than 2011
• Main driving factors: rapid economic growth; large population and a growing elderly population, government investment in healthcare infrastructure and full medical coverage for all nationals.